Monday, 25 June 2012

Like a fish to water

I finally went swimming! It felt so so so good to swim again, I can't believe I left it so long. When I got in the water I actually went "Ahhh" and was doing a little (as much as you can in water) dance as it felt so great! 


The place we went to is a little out of the way and took longer than we planned to get there, meaning that by the time I met my friend after work, then figured out exactly how to get there we only had an hour until the pool closed. So in total we were physically in the pool for 45mins. Although I am so glad we went I don't think it's the right pool for me. Apart from the distance (which I could deal with) it was like a free for all. There was kids (and adults) messing about and playing games in the "swimmers" pool. So swimming in a straight line without having to dodge someone or the ball they were throwing was pretty frustrating and near impossible. So, I was talking to a girl at my work who suggested I try the pool she swims at so I think I will. It's actually even further away but if it means I can swim steadily for an hour then I'll be more than happy with that. I also have to buy a new swim suit as mine is kind of loose at the top and lets just say I had to adjust myself constantly in the pool, boobs popping out were not in my plan! Lol


I've really realised over the last 2 weeks just how much I need regular visits for weigh ins to my HCA. Normally I would see her today or tomorrow and I've kind of missed knowing exactly how I've done, as I don't trust my scales at home at all. I can literally step on it and they say one thing then go on them 30 seconds later and they say I've put on or lost a few lbs. So I think I should invest in a new set of scales. It's only just over 2 weeks until my parents come down to visit and 2 weeks tomorrow until I see my HCA to get weighed. So I really want to lose another 4 or 5 lbs (depending on which weigh in I go by) so I can say I've lost my first official stone. 


On that note I'm heading off to use my weights and do some sit ups. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment