Friday, 15 June 2012

Needing a kick up the backside...

 Soooooo I had my weigh in with my HCA on Monday and as she's on holiday now my next appointment isn't for nearly a month. So me being me I slip into old habits and feel like I've slacked off a bit these last few days. I've been eating/drinking things I shouldn't (mainly crisps and fizzy drinks and basically my portion control has gone out the window)... I've spent the last hour or so catching up on blog posts and found a few new cool blogs too, this really does encourage me. I NEED to nip this in the bud and get back on track. Reading Brandie's blog is particularly inspiring and when I saw her virtual weight loss images I searched for a website to do one myself. Visual tools really help me and put things in perspective, it encourages me knowing I CAN look like this someday.  



I just need to pay more attention to my diet and up my activity (sounds easy, right?...HA). I'm still planning on going swimming on Sunday for the first time in nearly two years, the thought of getting into a swimsuit is a quite daunting but I know I CAN do this. So now to try and motivate myself I'm off to do 200 star jumps...that'll bring me to 600 so 400 to go by Sunday night to achieve my 1000 star jumps. (Really wish I'd done more earlier in the week...when will I learn?!)

3 comments:

  1. 200 star jumps in one go is no easy task - hats off to you. I do them in the Insanity workout and I hate them lol.
    I get what you say about the weight loss, it certainly sounds easy, especially to those who do not need to lose anything, but it's bloody difficult and takes daily motivation.
    Swim suits are a nightmare aren't they! I love to swim but the thought of donning that suit - shudder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Swimsuits really are the devil...I tried mine on to make sure it fits! I'm just hoping the changing rooms are right beside the pool!

      Delete
  2. Mege,
    I think we all have times where we are less motivated than other times. I am glad that you have found some blogs to motivate you and most of all that you seem to be self motivated right now. I find others stories motivating as well. I have been feeling like I am not doing exactly what I should be right now either, even though I am still following the plan so to speak. I think that just means it's time to shake it up! Thank you for sharing, it always helps me to know that I am not alone in this very difficult journey.

    ReplyDelete