Monday, 11 June 2012

Trying something new

I've seriously lost count of the number of weight loss blogs I've read over the last few weeks. I find it really encouraging and inspiring reading about other peoples journeys, struggles and the advice they can offer. It was while I was browsing blogs one night that I came across this rather intriguing exercise tip (I can't for the life of me remember which blog it was now-sorry!) It claimed that the calories burnt by doing 10 sets of 100 jumping jacks/star jumps over a 7 day period is equivalent to loosing 1 lb! It's a pretty big claim but I'm not going to it knock until I've tried it...which is exactly what I intend on doing. So I'll start today by doing 1 set of 100 star jumps and this time next week I WILL have done the 1000!...My only concerns are 1). How my knees will cope 2). How my rather sizable boobies will cope with all this rigorous jumping 3). How my neighbours downstairs will cope... so yeah, I'll let you know how I think it's gone in a weeks time :)

2 comments:

  1. That is a pretty amazing claim, and not doubtful either. Doing jumping jacks exerts a lot of energy so I think it just might work!. Can't wait to see what the results are, maybe I will try it too. First gotta get through my 5 days of Zumba personal challenge. :) As always, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm already feeling some effects from doing them. I'll let you know how it goes when I get to 1000 on Monday. Good luck with your Zumba challenge, I'm looking forward to hearing how it goes. :)

    ReplyDelete