Thursday, 5 July 2012

Will I ever find a pool?

In short, yes! 


After a disastrous swim last Sunday I thought I'd never find a pool I liked. It was so grotty and dated, to the point where my friend actually asked if we could leave! But we were there and I really wanted to do some exercise so we stayed and swam for 40 minutes. It's safe to say we won't be going back there though! So today we tried out our third swimming pool and this one is actually lovely! Clean and modern and only a 15 minute walk from my flat. I'm so pleased to have found somewhere to swim. We joked about being "serial swimming pool users" and wondered if we'd end up getting round all the swimming pools in Nottingham! But hopefully this will be the one for us. Today I swam for 50 minutes which felt really good. 

This weekend I need to shop for some new gym clothes and trainers, so fingers crossed I find something. I'm still feeling a little nervous about using the gym again, so hopefully after my induction on Wednesday I'll feel more at ease. 


I'm also a little worried about reaching my mini goal of losing my first full stone by the time my parents come down a week today. I guess I'll see what the scales say on Tuesday when I see my HCA for my official weigh in. 

2 comments:

  1. Besides snakes, nothing creeps me out quite like gross swimming conditions. Way to brave that out and I hope this one is the one too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bailey. I really am so so glad to have found it. I can't wait to next go swimming! :D

    ReplyDelete