Sunday, 23 September 2012

Gym 4 times this week?

In answer to my post title...YES! 

I'm going to head to the gym for the fourth time this week. First was my class, my legs ached so bad after that. Then I went Friday and Saturday...I made sure I burnt at least 500 and 400 calories consecutively. It was so strange during my Friday workout because I had one of those moments where I realised just how much things are changing for me. I almost always aim to workout for 1 hour  but on Friday while I was on the treadmill I glanced down at my watch and realised I'd been there for an hour already...there was this little voice I didn't recognise in my head saying "I don't want to go yet"...THIS IS NOT ME...or should I say the OLD me. I really surprised myself with this so I decided to stay an extra 20 mins. I'm not saying this will happen all the time, or even again...but the fact that it happened at all is so opposite to how my old attitude to exercise was. Soooo the plan is for me to go again today. 

I'm a little worried that I've not lost any weight since me last weigh in as my scales have been all over the place...I don't know whether to trust them (right now I don't want to). So that's why I'm trying to do as much walking as I can on top of going to the gym. I want to lose as much as I can before I go home in 12 days. I think I've been reasonably good food wise but over the last couple of weeks I've gone out a couple of times. My friend Teresa came to visit me which was sooooooo lovely. You know when it doesn't matter how long it's been since you last saw someone because it might as well have been yesterday- well that's us! :)

Here's a couple of photos of when she came to visit:


We went for a drink at this studenty pub called "Spanky Van Dykes"...or "Spanky's" as I'm told it's called by locals is as wacky as it's name suggests!




                                           

We love cocktails so I took Teresa to my favourite cocktail bar in town, Coco Tangs. I really love this last photo, I have no idea what was so funny but I love how natural it is :)


4 comments:

  1. Way to go girl! I love that you had such a great week! And I love all these pictures you've been putting up lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Bailey. I love taking photos but my husbands camera went missing and my phone is so old so the photos are grainy (these are my friends photos) BUT we're just going to head into town later today to get new phones...so hopefully there will be more to come! :)

      Delete
  2. good job with the gym! Kickin butt and takin names!

    Also, side note....im a little peeved at myself..i couldve swore I was following you and after investigation, I wasnt! So I'm now following!!!! Hopefully, It did an error, but I see myself on your list lol...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica, I really felt I needed to go that much this week. And don't worry about it :)

      Delete