Monday, 29 October 2012

2 stone down!!

I finally had my weigh in with my HCA today and it's official- I've now lost 2 stone (28lbs) over the last 6 months. I'm sure I said before but I think I lost the 2 stone by the time I went home for my visit, but needless to say the lack of gym and plenty of nice food meant I put a few lbs back on but over the last 2 weeks since I've been back I've managed to get back to that 2 stone loss mark. I realised today that this puts me at the weight I was when I met my husband! It's so true what people say about feeling comfortable in a relationship = weigh gain. But I'm working on that ;)

As I previously promised I've posted these current photos in my "Progress Photos" section. I'll pop the photos in this post too while I'm at it. 

I have to be honest and admit I'm struggling to see much of a difference since the last photos I put up under "Progress Photos". Maybe by the time I upload the next photos after I lose my 3rd stone I will! :)

I'll go into a bit more detail of what my appointment consisted of today. Firstly, remind me next time I make a doctors appointment straight after I see my HCA to allow more than a 30 minute appointment with her! I could spend ages talking to her, she really is such a great motivator and always offers the right encouragement. Today we caught up on what I've been doing since I last saw her like 5 weeks ago now?! I was honest about my "blip" but said I'm committed to my new gym regime. She's recently had some new training with a dietitian who gave her some new booklets about weight loss to use with patients. To be honest the info in the booklets was all what we went through in the early stages eg. healthy eating, exercise and motivation for losing weight etc. She said this herself but what we did decide from it was to use the target goals they suggest. Basically, she wants me to lose 5% of my current weight over the next 3 months which equates to 10.4lbs/4.7kgs. She thinks I'll exceed it and I have to say I'm quietly confident that I can too! (Hope I've not just jinxed myself here! But it is less than I was hoping to lose in that timescale anyway)

In other news, I saw my doctor to discuss what we do now about my knee seeing as the MRI came back normal and he agreed that we should do some more digging so I've been referred to a Physiotherapist which is exactly what I hoped would happen. Hopefully they can work their magic on my troublesome knee!  



I totally forgot to say I bought some new jeans while I was home and was thrilled when it was the size 16 that fitted best! I've been an 18+ for so long it felt amazing getting into those new ones.  I also seem to have shrunk as my new jeans are regular length as opposed to the old ones which were long- I don't know how that works! Lol But I'm not going to argue as it's the number I'm interested in! :)

6 comments:

  1. Yay for being 28lbs down! I could wear a 16 when I first met my husband, I cannot wait to get back down to that size!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda, you'll get there before you know it! :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on being down on the numbers!!! Weight and pants size ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bailey, I'm getting there slowly but surely! :)

      Delete