Well today I got a lovely surprise. Jessica over at Being a loser never felt so good! has nominated me for the Liebster Award! I'm really touched I was one of her nominees it's just a shame you can't nominate the (wonderful!) person that you nominated you. I think this award is such a cool idea, I'll explain it for those of you who aren't familiar with it, like me, until recently ;)
Basically it's an award where you nominate bloggers that you enjoy reading. It's an award for bloggers with less than 200 followers, but who (in the person who nominates yous opinion) deserve way more! :)
Rules is rules!
- Once you're nominated, write 11 facts about yourself
- Then take a look at the 11 questions the person who nominated you asked and answer them
- Get your thinking cap on and come up with 11 questions of your own for your nominees to answer
- Then choose the 11 bloggers you want to nominate (they must have less than 200 followers)
- Let them know they've been nominated and remember there's no tag backs, i.e. you can't nominate the person who nominated you.
11 Things About Me:
- I've been a Vegetarian for 16 years now (since I was 7!)
- I married my best friend 7 months ago :)
- He told me he wanted to marry me on our 2 month anniversary. I knew early on he was a keeper ;)
- I have a birthmark on my left ankle
- I think I'm "half double jointed"... I can bend my left thumb all the way back and touch my wrist but can't even get close with my right one
- I can do a mean Louis Armstrong impression of "What a Wonderful World"!
- Apparently I had an imaginary friend when I was really little but I don't remember them
- I used to try and get out of doing P.E. (gym class) all the time at school
- I'm not a fan of body building but I used to really like watching "World's Strongest Man"- it just amazed me!
- Forrest Gump is my favourite movie and one of the only things I can watch over again and again
- When someone (anyone) sneezes I ALWAYS say "bless you" even if it's under my breath so I don't look like a proper weirdo because I don't know them
- Do you have any children?... Not yet
- If you have 3 wishes what would they be?... For my husband to be in full health. To not have to struggle for money. To be physically closer to my family.
- If you could take ONE item to a deserted island what would it be? My husband
- Favourite t.v. show?... Homeland
- Last book you read?... Sula by Toni Morrison-I've not finished it yet though
- Last Movie you saw in the theater?... Bat Man
- Favourite band/singer?... The Killers
- If you could vacation anywhere, where would you go?... Hawaii
- Do you like Pina Coladas? Or getting caught in the rain?:P... I do, they are yummy! And only if I can have fun playing in it and not have to be somewhere afterwards
- Favourite store to shop at?... Dorothy Perkins
- What is something you are scared of?... Household leaks and pipes bursting :(
My 11 questions for you to answer:
- Name one thing that made you smile today?
- Which song brings a happy memory to mind?
- Could/would you ever live abroad? If so, where?
- What made you want to start blogging?
- What was your favourite subject in school?
- Which of the 4 "Sex and the city" girls are you most like?
- What food do you like now but didn't in the past?
- Have you ever collected anything as a hobby?
- What's the most impulsive thing you've ever done?
- Is there anything you gave up on that you wished you hadn't? What was it?
- What did you want to be when you were little?
Here are my nominations!
Amanda @ Living with the Browns
Amybeth @ Healing Graces
Daniel @ Dan's Tank
Erika @ A diet blog. Period.
Julie @ Mom taxi Julie
Linda @ Skinny girl where art thou
Krissy @ Countdown to fit and fabulous
Monica @ Fat girl finding fit
I hope nobody minds being nominated (you don't have to do anything if you don't feel like it). I just enjoy reading your blogs and think others would too :)