Tuesday, 23 October 2012

It could be you!!! :)

Well today I got a lovely surprise. Jessica over at Being a loser never felt so good! has nominated me for the Liebster Award! I'm really touched I was one of her nominees it's just a shame you can't nominate the (wonderful!) person that you nominated you. I think this award is such a cool idea, I'll explain it for those of you who aren't familiar with it, like me, until recently ;)

Basically it's an award where you nominate bloggers that you enjoy reading. It's an award for bloggers with less than 200 followers, but who (in the person who nominates yous opinion) deserve way more! :)

Rules is rules!
- Once you're nominated, write 11 facts about yourself
- Then take a look at the 11 questions the person who nominated you asked and answer them
- Get your thinking cap on and come up with 11 questions of your own for your nominees to answer
- Then choose the 11 bloggers you want to nominate (they must have less than 200 followers)
- Let them know they've been nominated and remember there's no tag backs, i.e. you can't nominate the person who nominated you. 


11 Things About Me:
  1. I've been a Vegetarian for 16 years now (since I was 7!)
  2. I married my best friend 7 months ago :)
  3. He told me he wanted to marry me on our 2 month anniversary. I knew early on he was a keeper ;)
  4. I have a birthmark on my left ankle
  5. I think I'm "half double jointed"... I can bend my left thumb all the way back and touch my wrist but can't even get close with my right one
  6. I can do a mean Louis Armstrong impression of "What a Wonderful World"!
  7. Apparently I had an imaginary friend when I was really little but I don't remember them
  8. I used to try and get out of doing P.E. (gym class) all the time at school
  9. I'm not a fan of body building but I used to really like watching "World's Strongest Man"- it just amazed me!
  10. Forrest Gump is my favourite movie and one of the only things I can watch over again and again
  11. When someone (anyone) sneezes I ALWAYS say "bless you" even if it's under my breath so I don't look like a proper weirdo because I don't know them

11 Questions Jessica asked:
  1. Do you have any children?... Not yet
  2. If you have 3 wishes what would they be?... For my husband to be in full health. To not have to struggle for money. To be physically closer to my family.
  3. If you could take ONE item to a deserted island what would it be? My husband
  4. Favourite t.v. show?... Homeland
  5. Last book you read?... Sula by Toni Morrison-I've not finished it yet though
  6. Last Movie you saw in the theater?... Bat Man 
  7. Favourite band/singer?... The Killers
  8. If you could vacation anywhere, where would you go?... Hawaii 
  9. Do you like Pina Coladas? Or getting caught in the rain?:P... I do, they are yummy! And only if I can have fun playing in it and not have to be somewhere afterwards
  10. Favourite store to shop at?... Dorothy Perkins
  11. What is something you are scared of?... Household leaks and pipes bursting :(

My 11 questions for you to answer:
  1. Name one thing that made you smile today?
  2. Which song brings a happy memory to mind?
  3. Could/would you ever live abroad? If so, where?
  4. What made you want to start blogging?
  5. What was your favourite subject in school?
  6. Which of the 4 "Sex and the city" girls are you most like?
  7. What food do you like now but didn't in the past?
  8. Have you ever collected anything as a hobby?
  9. What's the most impulsive thing you've ever done?
  10. Is there anything you gave up on that you wished you hadn't? What was it?
  11. What did you want to be when you were little?

Here are my nominations!

Amybeth @ Healing Graces
Daniel @ Dan's Tank
Jemma 
Julie @ Mom taxi Julie


I hope nobody minds being nominated (you don't have to do anything if you don't feel like it). I just enjoy reading your blogs and think others would too :)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the award mine will post tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. k im lazy but i answered your questions here

    My 11 questions for you to answer:
    Name one thing that made you smile today? - Reading an email from Bar and getting a HUGE kick from bubs, he likes daddys emails :)
    Which song brings a happy memory to mind? - Breathe - Faith Hill first dance at my wedding
    Could/would you ever live abroad? If so, where? - Right here :) although the only other place i would move to is the Oregon coast because its the most beautiful place i LOVE it there
    What made you want to start blogging? - for family in the UK
    What was your favourite subject in school? - accounting (seriously) i love the stationary :)
    Which of the 4 "Sex and the city" girls are you most like? Probably a mix of Charlotte and Miranda
    What food do you like now but didn't in the past? - Sorry Mege - Meat! since i got pregnant ive had my first ever steak and have had a few since then! (not the best answer for my veggie cousin)
    Have you ever collected anything as a hobby? - heck yeah, at the moment im collecting wool and scrap supplies im not getting anything done!
    What's the most impulsive thing you've ever done? - move to Canada but also one of the best things ive ever done!
    Is there anything you gave up on that you wished you hadn't? What was it? - some friendships
    What did you want to be when you were little? and accountant (yip im that sad)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, so I thought I just posted a comment, but it seems to have disappeared or had a malfunction.

    Anywho, I just wanted to say thank you so much for the nomination and that I've finally reposted. My life has been super nuts, so it's just taken me a minute. Thanks again, you're awesome!

    Also, Forrest Gump is the best. Definitely cry worthy.

    ReplyDelete