Sunday, 21 October 2012

It's been a while...

Feels like I've not been on here too much lately. So here's an update of what the last month or so has consisted of.

I was due to go home to Scotland for on Oct 5th but ended up going home earlier. The week before I went home I went to the gym 4 times again and finally tried that Pilates class. I'm so glad I tried it but it was rougher on my knee than I thought it'd be. I think while I still have problems with it I'd rather not do the kind of movements involved in the class I did. So although I was a little disappointed that I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would I'm still really glad I gave it a go.

Speaking of my knee, after my MRI scan I heard nothing from my doctor so I rang last week and turns out it didn't show up anything. In one way I'm glad but at the same time I want to know what causes the locking and the pain. I plan to make an appointment this week so I can discuss it more with my doctor, hopefully I can see a Physio or something because having started using the gym again I can already feel some pain. 

 While I was home it's fair to say I made the most of the home cooking and we went out for meals a few times. It was my parents Silver Wedding Anniversary so I couldn't really say no... ;)

This is my parents and the second pic is of me and my sister.




While I was home I couldn't really believe how much I missed working out and going to the gym! I went on a few long walks with my mam, which was good but I definitely didn't do enough exercise. As I had to go home early I missed my weigh in with my HCA. I *think* according to the scales that I managed to achieve my goal of losing my second stone BUT because it's not official I'm not going to celebrate it yet. I think my weight now is about the same as it was before I went home and I have my next weigh in a week tomorrow. So I'm trying to get a few more gym sessions in before then! 

Here's a couple of photos from my trip: 



On my way back I had a 2 hr break in Edinburgh (my favourite city in the world!!) I loved walking around the old town area and then took a wander round the castle, stopping to admire it in Princes Street Gardens. 



Once I returned to Nottingham I decided to join a new gym with my friend Rosie, I've never had a gym buddy before so we'll see how it goes! We had our induction on Wednesday and I've been 3 times this week so I'm pleased with that. It feels good to be back in a gym :) And now that I'm not on the programme I was on before I can go to the gym whenever it suits me, so it'll be good to not feel so restricted. I also had my review call from "Healthy Change" who the programme is run by. It went well and they're pleased with my progress so I don't need to check in with them for another 6 months- hopefully by then I can really impress them! 

I have some other stuff on my mind but I think I'll leave it there for now though, as it's a miracle if anyone's read this far in this long post! 

Hope everyone has a good weekend! :) 





8 comments:

  1. I loved Edinburgh when I went, but it's been a good ten years since I've been. Definitely on my list to revisit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is one of a kind, you should definitely go again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, those pictures are amazing. sadly im 25 and never been out of Texas. haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be fair Texas is a pretty big state! And you're only 25,plenty of time to travel :)

      Delete
    2. Yea i guess your right. haha. :P

      Also, Just f.y.i. I nominated you for the Liebster blog award! Check out my post for more details!

      http://jessicamartinez1229.blogspot.com/2012/10/liebster-awardyea-buddy.html

      Delete
    3. Wow Jessica, I'm totally touched you chose to nominate me! I'll get my thinking cap on and think up some questions!! :)

      Delete
  4. You are so precious!! Gah, your pictures are always so beautiful. Keep up the good work girl, and thanks so much for the nomination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww you wee charmer you! And your more than welcome, I've missed reading your posts buddy! :)

      Delete