Tuesday, 19 February 2013

Feeling positive

Sooooo...I've not really been spending as much time on here as I'd like but I feel like I'm starting to make some progress again *high five* anyone?? :)

I've had some back pain lately which was holding me back a bit and if I'm really honest with myself giving me an excuse not to go to the gym for a few days :-/ BUT it's been feeling a little better so I've started back at it again. I've also been swimming a couple of times too- I just love swimming!! Must be the piscean in me :) 

Work has been getting me down lately and stressing me out tbh and to make matters worse I was supposed to be doing a 7 day straight stretch starting last Thursday. Seriously there's nothing worse than needing a day off and not getting one (well there is, but y'know what I mean!) But luckily I did as one of the girls swapped a day with me so I had yesterday off. And boy am I glad I did, I had such a productive day! I got the flat in order, lay in the sunshine (from the comfort of my sofa-haha!) [sidenote: Isn't it amazing what a difference a bit of sunshine makes to your mood?!] Then I joined my friend at the gym and did an hour of cardio / weights, signed up for an abs class next Monday (I'll let you know how that goes!!) AND THEN we went swimming! (Not to mention all the walking too) Needless to say I'm a little sore today- but the good sore, where you feel like you've earned it! 


Here's some progress pics of my 2 mile times. It's coming down!  

I'm excited for the day I can run 3.11 miles/ 5 km! It's becoming a goal of mine and one I hope to be able to achieve by the Summer, I think. 




I've also finally got round to using myfitnesspal again and am loving it! Last time I used it I only ever did it on their website but this time I downloaded the app and (I'm aware I'm waaaayyyy behind with the cool kids here!) I am absolutely amazed by that barcode scanner thing, it takes all the effort out of looking stuff up! It seriously BLOWS- MY-MIND!! 





I've also given up crisps for Lent, seriously my biggest weakness BUT so far so good. This is the first thing I've ever given up for a predetermined length of time so I'm hoping I can prove to myself that I can do it! I'm also trying to reduce my fizzy drink intake, which is getting there too....What did everyone else give up for lent? How's it going? 

I think that me all caught up on what I've been doing exercise wise. 
Night folks :)


3 comments:

  1. Don't worry. I'm way behind too! I haven't even tried the scanner thing!! I MUST do this!! BTW what is a crisp? lol! I've given up soda and so far so good. No more headaches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww you've got to try it- it's so cool! crisps are chips, I forget that some things have different names in the US and UK. That's great about the soda and the lack of headaches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, hello! Sending you a comment and a follow back. I love new followers! :)

    ReplyDelete