Tuesday, 12 March 2013

Friend Makin' Monday (Ok, again it's not actually Monday...)


I can't believe this day is here already! In two hours I'll be setting off for London to start our belated Honeymoon/ First Wedding Anniversary trip to Venice! Eeeeeeeekkkk I'm excited!! I think it's nearly 3 years since we went on holiday so we're looking forward to getting away and relaxing for a few days in a different country! No doubt I'll bore you guys with a post all about it sometime next week! :) But for now here's my Friend Makin' Monday post:  

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
Food Questions
1. What did you eat for dinner last night? Veggie fajitas 
2. If you could make one food calorie-free for the next year, What would you choose? crisps (chips). These are what I gave up for lent and I'm still doing well as I've not had any but I do really want some! Gotta stay strong though and prove to myself that I can do it!!
3. How often do you go to the grocery store? We live in the city center so there isn't any large supermarkets nearby so we tend to go food shopping 4-5 times a week. But I would definitely prefer to just do one big shop a week (less chance of my being temped by deals etc)
4. Do you make a list before buying groceries? Sometimes. I think that's something I should do more of actually and try to stick to it. I think I'd benefit health wise and money wise!  
5. List three things that can always be found in your kitchen. Rice crackers, houmous and sweet chili sauce 
6. How often do you clean out your fridge? Just when it needs cleaning really or when it's pretty empty (so much easier not having to move lots of things about)
7. Do you ever use a slow cooker? If so, will you share a recipe? We don't have one but I'd like to invest in one!
8. How often do you try new recipes? Not often enough. I'm vegetarian and tend to stick with what I know, but I would like to be more adventurous in the kitchen, so any good veggie recipes out there, let me know! :)
9. What is the most delicious meal(s) you make? Vegetarian shepherds pie with garlic and sweet potato mash (the shepherds pie has quorn mince in it and I suppose it's a bit like a bolognese as I cook it with tomatoes and red wine) Making myself hungry thinking about it! 
10. Share at least one thing that is currently in your kitchen even though you don’t like it.  My husband likes different flavoured oils so I got him a set for Christmas but one of them is literally the spiciest thing I've ever tasted! I hate hot stuff but even my husband who doesn't hate them quite as much couldn't use it either. 
 Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions!  Happy Monday, friends!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on Venice!!! Jealous, can't wait to see pics! And you know I'll be stealing Friend Making Monday for Tuesday's Viewers as well lol. Have a safe and fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bailey! Venice was great! I think it's funny how we don't do FMM on a Monday...maybe one day we will :P

      Delete
  2. That's a lot of grocery shopping! I'm lucky if I make it to the store every other week. The downside of shopping in a big grocery store every once in a while is that it feels kind of like a gauntlet. It's hard to get in and out with only the things I NEED.

    Hope you have a great time on your belated honeymoon!

    I did my FMM, too: http://delightfullyshrinking.com/2013/03/friend-makin-monday-food-questions/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy, we really did! :)

      I know it's tricky getting the balance right with grocery shopping. When we do it often we just get what we need for that day. Sometimes I think it's too easy to get the wrong things by going so frequently but it's just so convenient as I walk by the shops everyday on my way to work. I do want to do it fewer times a week :)

      Delete